Deuces 2014, Hello 2015!
It’s been a wild year but a lot of good came from it. I launched my blog (which was my new years resolution last year), finished grad school, had my first wedding anniversary with the hubs, moved to a different part of town, developed new friendships, rekindled old ones, overcame obstacles, and grew in so many ways as an individual. At this juncture, I am in one of those places where deep reflection is necessary. It’s time to re-shift my focus and prepare for 2015 — many wonderful things on the horizon. Check out my personal and business resolutions + goals for 2015 below!
LIFE | PERSONAL.
1. I would like to dedicate more time to yoga. It’s something that keeps me centered through all of the chaos. I can honestly say that I love it, I really do.
2. Paint once a week. This is another thing that keeps my mind at ease while allowing my creative juices to flow. There is something about a blank canvas that is so invigorating.
3. Start a supper club. This was actually a new years resolution from last year that I just never got around to organizing. Given that I have a lot more time on my hands, I’ll be able to dedicate my efforts on this.
4. Saying “no” (more). This is probably my biggest issue in life. I am a “yes” person. But sometimes, you just have to say no. For your own sanity, to save money, to not overly commit, etc.
5. Travel, travel, travel. Traveling is one of my favorite past times and they say to do it while you’re young (which I am). Plus it’s one of my favorite things to blog about. I’m looking forward to the few trips we already have planned for 2015: Barcelona — Bryson City — Nashville — Asheville — Charleston. Let’s do this.
6. Positivity. I want positivity in all aspects of life. Internally and externally. I want to be positive and only want to surround myself with positive people. Period.
7. Make more traditions, like Sunday breakfast. I love, love, love traditions. I also love breakfast. On Sundays. I want to listen to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” on a rainy Sunday morning in a large, comfy t-shirt and enjoy some of those banana pancakes on the couch with my husband. Is that weird? Oh well, if it is!
LIFE | BUSINESS.
1. Network with other marketing/creative professionals. I really need to do a better job of networking with the people in my industry. It’s always a good idea to build business relationships.
2. Network with other local bloggers. I recently joined a Facebook group for local, Charlotte bloggers and I intend on attending the various events they put on to connect with other people like me!
3. Put myself out there. I need to get out of my comfort zone, put myself out there and level the playing field. My goal is to become a new level of proactive and seek out new and exciting opportunities.
4. YouTube channel collaboration / blog extension. Yep, you read that right. Many exciting things happening for wander + bloom next year – including a YouTube Channel partnership with someone very special to be somewhat of a “product line extension” of the blog, for lack of a better term. Mind you, I am frightened to death of being on camera, but it will be rewarding. I would be doing you a disservice if I filled you in on all of the details, so bear with me and stay tuned!
And there you have it. My personal and business goals/resolutions for 2015. Let’s see what what I can make happen, I’m certainly up for the challenge! Wishing you all a beautiful and safe New Years Eve!